11 May 2009

How to get rid of a cold?

11 May 2009
6 miles - 51.19 min

How to beat a cold? Nothing is more depressing for a runner than having to stop, because of light fever, cough and runny nose.

They say it takes 7 days to recover from common cold - with or without drugs. I had a cold this week - with a nasty cough. I do my usual: go slow, more sleep, lots of tea with honey and an occasional aspirin.

On the 5th day (roughly) I feel better - and I go for an easy slow run because I have proved to myself time and again that it is the best way to get rid of the cold and clear my system. Honest, it works. And it has worked again - I feel refreshed, the throat clears, I can breathe through the nose and there is a general feeling of wellness about myself.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...